This page will give you a brief overview of the rights of class teachers in WebUntis.
Just because you call a user group "Class teacher" does not meand that this user group automatically receives additive rights. The teacher entered as "Class teacher" in the master data ("Master data →Classes → Class teacher) in WebUntis, automatically receives addtive rights.
However, it is necessary to define certain rights in the user group "Teacher".
These are: Class register, Class register entry, Class services and Exemption without the "All" checkmark (additive: timetables, etc. also without the "all" checkmark).
When a school year has been created, the absence times and the menu will be displayed correctly, as well.
Now, class teachers have the right to:
• create exams for their own classes (across subjects)
• modify master data regarding the rights "Master data: Classes" or "Master data: Students"
• The "Class register" right additionally activates for class teachers:
Class register: Open periods: Teacher, Open periods: Classes, absences, absence times and reports.
The rights are restricted to the class(es) of the class/form teacher, e.g. a class/form teachers can only administer the absences for their own class(es) under <Class register> | <Absences>.
- Activates <Lessons> | <Lessons: Students> for accessing your own class(es).
- Activates <Lessons> | <Lessons: Classes> |<Reports> for your own class(es).
- Activates <Lessons> | <My Lessons> |<Reports> per lesson.
- Activates the following features under "Lessons | My lessons | Appointments":
Access to the main page of the electronic class register, teaching content and homework.
The following activities can be carried out on the main page of the class register:
- Absence monitoring
- Information on the student
- Display of exemptions
- Seat map administration
- Display of student photos
- Sorting of the student list
- Display of Class services
-activates in your own timetable in the "Details of the period" the "Class register" and "Teaching content" buttons.
-activates in the class timetable of your own class(es) in the "Details of the period" the "Class register" and "Teaching content" buttons.
• Right "Class services": create class services for your own classes
• Right "Enter grades": enter exams and grades for all students of your own classes
• Right "Exemption": only class teachers have the right to create exemptions for their students
• Right "Administer student absences": you have access to the administration of absences
• Right "Excuses": class teachers can enter excuses
• Right "Reports for the class register": report on "Absences", "Work report", "Class register", "Teaching methods"
• Right "Absences": as a class teacher, you can administer the absences of your own students
• Right "Open periods": as a class teacher, you have access to the open periods of your classes
• Right "Change lesson rooms": you can change the lesson rooms of your classes
• Right "Timetable changes for bookings": this right gives you the implicit possibility to carry out bookings for your classes (except: "additional periods").