For all details regarding the rights of the "Student" module go to:”WebUntis > Administration of rights> Student module”.
In general, there are two types of settings in the WebUntis "Student module":
- Settings which can be defined at the respective element, and apply to it in the specified form: e.g. the use of class filters for a course, or the permitted registration status for a registration period.
- Global settings which can be selected separately, and are generally valid for the affected elements.
Go to <Courses> | <Settings> to adjust the default behaviour of your courses.
Explanation of individual options
- Show registrations to students: Students see the current number of registrations.
- Hide max. number of students after registration period has expired: After the registration period has expired, no number is shown for course registration
- Inform students if the selected course is not taking place: An e-mail is sent to the students, when the course status is changed to "Cancelled".
- Outside the registration period, automatically move students from the waiting list up: If students are on the waiting list, they are automatically moved up in the list, even outside the registration period.
- Sequence of the registrations on the waiting list: Here you define according to which principle
the students are to be moved up in the list, according to time of registration, or according to an automatic assignment.
Default values for new courses
- Periods/week: global standard value for weekly periods when creating a course
- Waiting list: Students can reserve a place for the respective course although all places are taken.
- no. of participants: Default value of maximum number of participants defined when the course is created.
- Status: Describes the status of the course - non-compulsory, planned, confirmed, cancelled,
in progress, completed.
- A priority can only be selected once within a module: With this feature you control - given that it is permitted to define several priorities in the registratrion period - whether a priority can be selected within a group of courses of the same (!) course module.
- Tolerate course choice in case of appointment conflicts: Students can choose courses taking place at the same time.
For registration periods, you can optionally define, whether a course can be chosen with a priority or not. Students become aware of this, when they can assign a priority to each selected course. The course lists of the administrator now show with which priority the respective student has chosen the course. This can be used as a criterion when manually editing the course choice (approval of pre-registered students, balance of over-booked courses,...).