As soon as you work with several terms, you have the possibility to change data per term. It can, however, be helpful to import any changes of a mother period, e.g. in the master data, to all existing offspring terms.
In other cases, e.g. in the school year calendar, it would not make any sense to change it per term. Because then it could happen that 1 May is a national holiday in one term, but not in another.
If you have already created several terms, and you change data, these changes do apply either
- only for the current term,
- for the current term and all offspring terms, or
- for all terms.
In the following, you will find a short overview of how to administer data:
Termwise (current term)
Changes in the following fields only apply to the current term, and cannot automatically be imported to already existing offspring terms
- changes of the timetable
- changes of time requests
How to import a timetable to another term
- Select/highlight those lessons in the lesson window, whose timetables are to be imported.
- If you want to import a timetable of one term to another, use the "Paste special" feature.
- Change the term, and select the element in the lesson window, whose timetable(incl. the respective lessons) is to be imported.
- Go to the "Data" tab, "Paste | Paste special". Lessons and timetables are pasted/inserted into this term
How to import time requests to another term
With the "Time request" button, you can copy time requests into all subsequent/offspring terms.
For the following data you have the possibility to choose, whether changes and modifications are to be imported to subsequent terms or not.
- Modifications of master data (classes, teachers, rooms)
- Modifications of lessons (except time requests)
- Alias names
Go to "Settings | Miscellaneous | Multiple terms", you can choose, whether modifications are to be automatically imported to offspring terms or not, or if you want to be asked every time before a modification is saved.
If you work with terms for the first time, we recommend to choose "Ask me each time" at the beginning, for keeping control over any changes of data. When you are more familiar with the system, choose one of the other two options.
Modifications apply automatically to all terms
The following data cannot be modified termwise, i.e. a modification applies automatically to all terms.
- Time Grid
- Substitution time grid
- Weighting settings
- Reduction reasons and reductions
- Calendar of the school year (holidays)
- Reasons for absence
- Periods table
- Layout of views (e.g. master data window, lesson window, timetable)