If you want lessons which are to be scheduled as special duty at a later point in time to be taken into account when the lesson is entered, do the following:
Example: Lesson pool lesson generated from indefinite lesson
- In the timetable mode, define a lesson with 0 weekly periods (or add to the lesson "(i) Ignore").
- Change to "Cover scheduling" mode, and open the "Lesson Pool" and the "Lesson" window.
- You can generate a lesson pool lesson from the lesson window ("Cl, tea" columns) by drag&drop.
In the "Type" column you can see that this lesson pool lesson was generated from a lesson.
Example: Lesson pool lesson generated from time-restricted lesson
A lesson pool lesson can also be generated from a time-restricted lesson.
- Open the demo5.gpn file and define in the timetable mode a two-hour lesson (e.g. D - drama with teacher Callas for classes 1a and 1b).
- This lesson is to take place every week in May as a double period. Restrict the lesson for a time range of 4 weeks.
- Ignore the lesson. Therefore, it is not eligible for scheduling the timetable, however, it is taken into account in the value calculation.
- Change to "Cover scheduling" / substitution mode and open the lesson pool and a lesson window (e.g. Lesson | Teacher). Drag the lesson into the lesson pool window.
The outcome is an 8-hour lesson pool lesson. This is due to the fact that this two-hour lesson is restricted to four weeks.
Both the number of hours of the lesson pool lesson and the hours of the lesson cannot be modified any more in this case because the value calculation would no longer be correct.
The lesson pool lesson can only be scheduled in the time range you defined. These periods are also only provided for scheduling next to the timetable in the time the lesson is on.