If you want to generate additional lessons for several elements, e. g. several classes, you can do this also via the timetable of a class or teacher, simply by a right-click fo your mouse in the respective cell and then select "Special duty / Change period". Click on the "Classes" button and select several classes by pressing and holding the "Ctrl." key:
Take into account that other classes may already have a lesson scheduled in the respective period. This lesson is cancelled, if you generate a special duty for this class. Use the "Special duty" window in the multi-functional bar for more complex scenarios such as class teacher lessons or several cross-class lessons.
In this dialogue window, you can freely choose "First period" and "Last period", which facilitates entering special duties for several periods. Additionally, a series of functions are available which are described with examples in the following.
Example: Class teacher lesson
At the beginning of the school year, you can quickly schedule class teacher (form teacher) lessons with the "Special duty" window. A pre-requisite is that the class teachers have been entered into the "Class teacher" column under "Classes | Master data".
- Open the "Special duty" window, and select the time range <First period> and <Last period> in which the class teacher lesson is to take place.
- Select all classes via the menu item <Classes>. Confirm with <OK>.
- Then select the <Teacher> button, and restrict the selection to all class teachers in the <Filter> row of the popped up dialogue window. Then click on <All> to select all class teachers. Confirm with <OK>.
- In the "Special duty" dialogue window, every class teacher is automatically assigned to his/her class. In the totals row, you additionally see all classes and teachers involved. If home rooms have been assigned, they are automatically imported to the class teacher lesson.
- If a teacher is absent at this time, you get a message pointing this out and the special duties cannot be created. In this case, enter "? teacher", because you can search for the adequate substitute teacher via the substitute suggestion. If a room assigned to the selected period is not available, you are prompted, whether or not this room should nevertheless be assigned to this special duty. You can search for another room at a later point in time via substitute suggestion.
Example: Special duty for period block
Do the following if you want to create a special duty for a period block:
- Open the "Special duty" window and select a time range of more than one hour in which the special duty is to take place, via "First period" and "Last period".
- Go to "Classes" and select a class; confirm with <OK>.
Enter any teacher by selecting the name of the respective teacher in the first row (the totals row) from the drop-down menu. If you select the respective teacher in this row, your selection will be applied for the entire time range.
Tip: How to enter several teachers
If you want to enter more than one teacher, you can do this in the cell or via the "Teachers" button. In both cases, press and hold the "Ctrl." key and select the respective teacher.
- Enter subject and room, if you already know them. You can also add a text which is then shown in the substitution text field.
- Click<OK> for creating a special duty.
After clicking "OK", the special duties and all consequent cancellations are displayed in the substitution window. It could be that for the teachers and rooms entered, a substitute and/or an alternative room needs to be found.