The "Break supervision" and "Cover planning" modules are interconnected in so far as that the absence of a teacher in the period after a break supervision leads to an open "Break supervision" substitution. Releases of teachers also automatically lead to generating a break supervision substitution. You can deactivate this in the settings under "Substitution planning | Miscellaneous".
The following possibilities of editing break supervisions are at your disposal:
Substitution of a break supervision
A substitution of the break supervision can be edited directly in the "Substitute suggestion". In general, break supervision substitutions can be treated just like any other substitution. The differences:
- In the substitution window, for instance, the break between periods 1 and 2 is shown as "1/2" in the "Period" column.
- In the "Room" column, the corridor is entered.
- There certainly is no subject and no class.
- Via <Settings> in the substitute view you can define, whether substitutions of break supervisions are to be displayed (and printed) or not. This way you can create a list with substitutions on break supervisions only.
A right-click in the headings in the substitute suggestion shows the following items:
- Name: name of the teacher
- Points: the number of evaluation points (penalty points) for the current supervision.
- Max. minutes: the maximum value for weekly break supervisions defined under "Master data | Teachers".
- BS / day: The number of break supervisions of this day.
- Counter: the number of already held break supervisions in the reference period.
- Les. before / after: The respective teacher has a lesson immediately before / after the respective supervision.
- Corridor before / after: The respective teacher has a lesson in a room adjacent to the respective corridor before / after the respective supvision.
- Before 1st period / after last period: the respective supervision is scheduled before the first period / after the last period of the teacher.
- Consec. Superv.: The respective teacher is scheduled for the previous or following supervision.
- Before / after time request: The respective supervision of the respective teacher is before or after a time request.
- NTP before / after: The respective supervision of the respective teacher is before or after a non-teaching period.
- Sex: The sex of the teacher is indicated by an icon. If you have defined a sex for both your teachers and your corridors , only the teachers are shown in the substitute suggestion who comply with the sex of the respective corridor.
- Standby: Shows whether the teacher is on standby for this break. For more information on standby for break supervision, read the chapter of the same name.
If a teacher is absent only from period 3 onwards, a break supervision substitution is created for the break before. This supervision can be held by the respective teacher before leaving. He/she can be assigned to this supervision as his/her own substitute, however, they are not suggested as substitutes.
If two or more teachers are splitting the break supervision among them, this information is shown in the substitution list in the "Period" column and in the "Room" column for the corridor. A (2) would then indicate that this is the second teacher assigned to this supervision. Based on this information you can decide, whether a substitution needs to be found or if this break supervision can be cancelled.
For more information on shared break supervisions, read the chapter "Break supervisions | User tips | Split break supervision" in the "Modules" manual.
Substitution of a break supervision without absence
If you want to change a break supervision without setting a colleague absent, you can do this in the break supervision window:
- Open the break supervision window on the "Start" tab in the substitution mode, and select the respective week in the calendar.
- Choose the supervision for the respective supervision area in the selection list.
- Select the respective supervision in the grid, and open the teacher suggestion.
- Double click on an eligible substitute in the teacher suggestion.
Cancellation of a break supervision
You can cancel a break supervision in the substitution view just like you can cancel a normal substitution by clicking on the <Cancel> button. You also can cancel a break supervision without an absence directly in the "Break supervision" window by clicking on the <Teacher ->?> button.
Break supervision special duty
Additionally, you can spontaneously schedule a break supervision also in the areas where usually no break supervisions are scheduled. Just enter a teacher's name in the respective corridor for the respective period, and the supervision is thus assigned to the teacher.