This page provides an overview on changes in WebUntis 2021.0.0 (released on 30 July 2020).
Teachers may want to watch this video to get a quick overview:
The new features in brief:
- Moved from top to left
- Some menu items were renamed, moved or deleted
- e.g.: there is a new item called “My timetable” in the timetable segment, and a new menu item called “Exam planner” in the lesson segment.
- Details: Navigation
- Period details
- New dialogue with three tabs
- The text field: "Information on period" was split into "notes for students" and "notes for teachers", and can be read by the respective users
- Details: Period details
- Class register
- Changing of rooms
- Easier to filter and select a room
- Change a room
- Details: Room Search
Important changes for administrators
- Internet Explorer 10 and older is not supported any more
- The new period details show names according to the general view settings regardless of the selected timetable format
- The checks of rights for the different text fields were adapted to make sure that all platforms (Web, iOS, Android) as of 30 July behave in sync. Please read our article on period details.
- Additional changes are prescribed in detail in the articles linked to the respective topic.
The period detail site in Untis Mobile will be adjusted to the new design. Consequently, new text fields (Information for students, information for teachers), as well as details regarding examinations will be added to the mobile app. The new app version will be rolled out approx. in September.
Additional new feature in WebUntis 2021
New features for deleting data
In WebUntis 2021 you have the possibility to quickly and easily delete several years or even all years of personal student data.
For more details on this new feature please go to: New data deleting features
One drive integration
In WebUntis, you can now access OneDrive directly, and can link files with content such as homework and teaching content. This new integration replaces WebUntis Drive.
WebUntis Drive will expire at the end of 2020. From mid-August 2020, new users cannot access WU Drive any more. Users who have used WebUntis Drive in the past will have no problem accessing their data in future as well.
The new OneDrive integration will make it possible for you to attach files wherever you need to and at the usual places in WebUntis (Messages, Teaching content, Homework, Information for students, Information for teachers, etc.).
In the message system and in Messenger, you can upload files directly to WebUntis without using WebUntis Drive or OneDrive.
What can you expect for the up-coming versions?
WebUntis 2021 is the last “big” summer release of WebUntis. As of now, new features will be released as soon as they are ready for release. We will inform you in our Release Notes. Additionally, administrators will see important new features at the WebUntis start page.
Currently we are working on the following topics:
Parent communication via WebUntis and Untis Mobile
The up-coming versions will have the Untis Mobile App messenger service which will facilitate communication with parents and legal guardians incl. push notifications and read receipts. These new features will be released in several small steps in the course of Q3 and Q4 2020.
The migration of examination data from Untis to WebUntis will be renewed. Changes will be released in Q3 2020.
This project merges Untis and WebUntis. Substitution scheduling can be done in real time via our app (iOS, Android), web and Untis. For more information please visit our web site.
The next topics on our road map are:
Dates which are not directly linked to lessons can be displayed in WebUntis. Examples: school-wide dates such as deadlines and events, individual dates such as doctor’s appointments, meetings etc.
Additional redesigning projects
Additional pages, among others WebUntis’ start page will be adjusted to the new design.
This project will facilitate the integration of WebUntis into other applications used at your school.