Under the project name “Unity” we are going to merge Untis and WebUntis.
Up to now, Untis and WebUntis-specific data were saved in two different databases which made it necessary to synchronise data. From now on, Untis and WebUntis will use one joint database called Untis Now. Data synchronisation is no longer necessary.
What does this mean for you?
What will change regarding the interface of Untis / WebUntis?
- Substitution data is exclusively saved in WebUntis, making booking imports and substitution exports unnecessary from now on.
- Untis directly accesses this data via the web which means that changes are visible in both Untis and WebUntis in real time.
- In “Cover planning” an additional step, “Publish substitutions”, will be necessary in order to make “private” planning possible further on.
- Push notifications inform everybody involved about changes in the timetable.
- The new interface only works online, nevertheless it will be possible to create backup generations as .gpn files.
Are there any costs involved for the new interface?
- No additional costs arise for Untis and WebUntis customers
Does something change, even if I only use Untis?
- For schools using WebUntis alone, nothing will change.
What will change technically regarding the Untis / WebUntis interface?
- After having changed to Unity, Untis will not save data relevant for substitution scheduling as .gpn files or in MultiUser anymore but instead in WebUntis. Data will be accessed via an API (HTTPS) or Websockets (WSS). Both transmission methods are fundamental for the correct functioning of the system.
Do I need to always be online when working in substitution planning after changing to Unity?
- The new method of integration of Untis and WebUntis only works online, however, automatic backup generations as .gpn files are possible.